[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun - Comcast shut off clear QAM

john.baab at gmail.com john.baab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 18:48:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> And sometimes they will charge you a "HD Technology fee", again
> depending on your particular franchise, and service level.

I am fighting them on this with my account currently.  About 10 months
ago it randomly appeared on my account with no hardware changes.  From
what I've read when they do account checks and you have a CC it can
happen.  I have 2 STBs and this "HD Technology Fee" which should
include a STB yet they are still billing me for both.  Once I had it
elevated high enough I was told they had my account marked as having 3
STBs and a hardware audit would fix it.  I'm over a month into the 3-5
day window for the audit with no updates.