[mythtv-users] Bookmark cleared at end of playback?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 14:43:57 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM, faginbagin <mythtv at hbuus.com> wrote:

> I'm getting ready to upgrade from 0.23 to 0.27 and in my testing I ran
> across an unexpected change in behavior. If I have a bookmark set or set a
> bookmark and then let playback continue to the end of the recording, the
> bookmark is cleared. This is a change from the way it was working in 0.23,
> where bookmarks were never cleared.
>
> My bookmark related settings for both 0.23 and 0.27 are identical and are
> as follows:
> General Playback (1/8)
>         Clear bookmark on playback Unchecked
>         Alternate clear and save bookmark Unchecked
> General Playback (2/8)
>         Action on playback exit: Save position and exit
>         Prompt at end of recording Unchecked
>
> Was this change in behavior deliberate? Is there some setting I can use to
> restore the old behavior? I was hoping to avoid having to compile my own,
> but if that's what is necessary to get back the old behavior, I will.
>
> This was a deliberate change as of 0.26, due to
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7994 .  The consistency argument is
documented in the ticket description.

If you want to change the behavior, look in TV::PrepareToExitPlayer().  You
probably want to change the condition "if (bookmark_it)" to something like
"if (bookmark_it && !(ctx->player->IsNearEnd() || getEndOfRecording()))".

Jim