[mythtv-users] HD Ringbuffer - recommended size?

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 20 06:40:18 UTC 2013

I've done a little bit of reading on the HD Ringbuffer setting but some of it is very old so not sure it is accurate. Some of it seemed to indicate that it was only used on Live TV.

Is the Ringbuffer setting still used in fixes/0.27? Just on LiveTV or elsewhere (ie playback or transcoding)?

If I have 4Gb system memory, similar sized swap partition on SSD and database on SSD is there any benefit to setting it to a larger value (currently 4Mb I think)?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.