[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend segfault with libcec installed

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 20 12:05:38 UTC 2013

This was mentioned in passing in the recent thread regarding changing from package to compiling from source http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/559829?page=last

I had forgotten about it but I uninstalled libcec even on the package install because of the segfault, that got me passed it. I then promptly forgot about it.

I thought this time I would just make and see what happened. Nope, segfault when running mythfrontend still.

So I redid make with ./configure --disable-libcec. Interesting - still segfault.

I had other issues so I just removed libcec again to keep moving but thought I should come back later and post the gdb.txt file with libcec installed and trying to run mythfrontend.

So here it is. Hope it is of use to someone?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqb41r102y0u4ud/gdb_with_libcec.txt