[mythtv-users] Moving frontend/backend to a new machine

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Dec 20 12:32:31 UTC 2013

On Dec 19, 2013, at 11:52, Matthias Thyroff <lists at thyroff.net> wrote:

> This is also why I am still running 32bit on 64bit hardware, but I do not see the need to change to 64bit at all (maybe a tiny little technology itch, but I can live in peace with that.)

Because memory, in total space available (without clumsy paging), in space allocated to kernel resources, and in space used in calculations.  There have been many problems over the years caused only on 32-bit systems, and many that went unnoticed because the vast majority of MythTV (and Linux) developers only operate on 64-bit systems.