[mythtv-users] Moving frontend/backend to a new machine

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Fri Dec 20 14:50:43 UTC 2013

On 12/19/2013 09:45 PM, Jon N wrote:
> Well, right now my plans are at a stand still.  I can't get all the
> MythTV packages to install, some sort of dependency problems I think.
> But I'm having trouble sorting it all out so far.  I'm running Debian
> Jessie, should anyone have an suggestions related to that.  But l will
> be posting a question in the Debian user group also as soon as I get a
> chance.

Good luck!  Unfortunately, I'm all Fedora based (1 backend w/recordings
3 PVR-150's (directv) and 1 HDHomeRun (over the air), 4 frontends,
central NFS file server for movies, NCID for caller ID)... I'm sure
there are Debian folks on here who might be able to help get you going
again.

When you do get restarted, please post your experiences and how your got
moving forward again.  I'm sure someone else out there is (or will be)
going through a similar change and might benefit from your input!

-Rich