[mythtv-users] Motherboard / CPU recommendations

BobW bob_pub_mailbox-mytv at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 23 15:25:59 UTC 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haswell_(microarchitecture)#List_of_Haswell_processors

> As a motherboard I would just choose the cheapest MiniATX Intel
> LGA1150 desktop board which had the connectors I needed.

Thanks!
Yes, my system is a FE/BE, and it does suffer from feature creep.

So most of the MB issues with Mythbuntu are a thing of the past? I worry
about digging up problems with incompatible bios or networks. (HDHR
Tuner, so at least that should not add complexity to the BE.)

The Wikipedia link has actual updates from 2013! My searches so far
today were turning up 2007-2011.

Looks like an i3 4130T or 4330T/TE are a reasonable price range to work
with.

Any issues with an on-board/on-CPU Intel Graphics? Or should I still
plan to get a fanless NVidia add-on card?

MSI seems to have the cheapest MBs for LGA1150:
MSI H81M-E33 LGA 1150
MSI H81M-P33 LGA 1150

Bob