[mythtv-users] DVD Bookmark support?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 00:45:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Tom Dexter wrote:
>> I'd always assumed that bookmarks didn't work on DVDs.  I'd like to
>> use them on VIDEO_TS directories I have.
>
> I don't know about VIDEO_TS directories, but bookmarks work for me on:
>
> Recorded TV
> MKV files
> ISO files
>
> Doug

Do you have that Enable DVD Bookmark option under the Media
Settings...and if so, is that set?

I'm surprised at how little I'm finding about that setting in terms of
what it applies (or applied) to (just the DVD drive, ISOs, VIDEO_TS
etc) or whether or not it even still exists.  Again, I definitely
don't have it.

Bookmarks work for me recorded programs and all video files as far as
I know.  I don't really use ISO files (but they're really just a file
system containing a VIDEO_TS directory right?).  When I hit enter when
playing a VIDEO_TS directory it gives me the bookmark saved message,
but does nothing, and nothing ends up in the filemarkup table (where
other video bookmarks appear).

Confusing.

Tom