[mythtv-users] lossless_cut not removing correct section

D Pierson dallas8101 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 05:57:02 UTC 2013

I use a HDHNomerun Prime unit to capture.  I have installed and run the lossless_cut application.  It will run and produce a video, but the parts being removed are not the sections as they appear/are specified to be in the cut list.  The cut list agrees with the times and frame numbers shown in the edit timeline where I specified the cuts (with some minimal changes due to keyframe adjustments).  I also ran using the concert mode to look at the individual pieces, and how they were cut.  The first one ends about a minute before it gets to the commercial, but the vlc player reports the correct amount of time (per the cut timeline in the log file http://pastebin.com/xDzdQm1Z) as its length. The second one started about 2 minutes before the end of the first commercial, and the third about 3 minutes.  The last frames in the last segment are the correct end of the movie.  One of the sections has the commercial in the center of the mkv segment, with parts
 of the desired content at the beginning and end.

Here is the ll_report output
http://pastebin.com/tSiMws4Y

One of the questions I have is if mkvmerge is correctly handling the variable bit rate.  Is there some other option I have not setup correctly?

My command line is:
/usr/bin/lossless_cut -f "%DIR%/%FILE%" -m  "/var/lib/mythtv/videos" -w  "/var/lib/mythtv/videos/tmp" -k -l "/var/lib/mythtv/videos"

and I am using the default config file.

Dallas8101