[mythtv-users] Can't grab Schedules from within mythtv

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Fri Dec 27 10:30:50 UTC 2013

James Pifer wrote:

> 1) Can't find mysql.txt. I don't thin this is a huge deal as it defaults
> to localhost.
> 2) Error in  /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv/config.xml. Basically this file
> doesn't exist. Not sure how critical that one is.

You need one of those files as they contain the credentials for the
database. It looks like /var/lib/mythtv/ is $HOME for the mythtv user on
your backend and therefore xmltv looks in the subfolder .mythtv for a
config.xml. Either copy a working config.xml to /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv/
or change the $HOME for the user mythtv accordingly.

HTH
Thomas