[mythtv-users] Best (and cheapest) IR receiver

steve.goodey at openreach.co.uk steve.goodey at openreach.co.uk
Tue Dec 31 15:16:05 UTC 2013

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Travis Tabbal
Sent: 27 December 2013 17:02
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Best (and cheapest) IR receiver

This is the one I'm using.

http://flirc.tv/product/flirc/
I like that you can have it learn just about anything, and just emulates a keyboard to the computer. I'm not using on Myth, XBMC on a RasPi, but there's no reason it wouldn't work. You just have it learn the codes and tell it what to send to the computer when it sees them.

I second this. Once the software is installed and buttons learned you're done. No messing about with getting LIRC working. Saying, that first off it would only respond to every other key press but apparently that's down to "toggle bits" and just needs the key being pressed twice when programming.

Steve.