[mythtv-users] (somewhat off-topic) compiling the TBS 6981 driver

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 31 16:08:20 UTC 2013

Thanks Mick.

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Mick Sulley <mick at sulley.info> wrote:

>  The final issue was that there were "disagrees about version of symbol"
> and "Unknown symbol" errors in the dmesg log.  There is a fix gor this in
> the FAQ section in the TBS Linux driver package
> Mine are now visible, although I don't know if they actually work yet,
> more to do on the system.

The fix you refer to is:

------------------------------
Q1. after the drivers are installed there are error messages like:

"disagrees about version of symbol..."

and/or

"Unknown symbol..."

on 'dmesg' output and no DVB devices are created.

A1: do the following:

# sudo rm -rf /lib/modules/<kernel_version>/kernel/drivers/media/

where "<kernel_version>" is replaced by the loaded kernel version
and then reinstall the drivers with doing "make install".

Did that. Rebooted.
Unfortunately, still no output from
dmesg | fgrep frontend

Further clues?