[mythtv-users] Non-IR Remote Recommendation

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:26:36 UTC 2013

I'm in the market for a non-IR remote for MythTV.  I've read reviews about
the Motorola NYXboard (RF), PS3 Bluetooth, etc.  What do folks recommend
for an inexpensive, no-hassle, non-IR setup?

I've found one of my frontends is not getting much use because the TV
(Samsung) interferes with my USB IR receiver.  I'd like an inexpensive
(<$50) solution to get this frontend reliable again.  Right now, it takes
anywhere from 10-20 minutes for the TV to stop interfering with the IR
receiver.

Thanks for any advice.

/Brian/