[mythtv-users] Turning TV (or receiver) on kills HD-PVR recording

E James e_james at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Feb 4 16:30:12 UTC 2013

On 03/02/2013 21:02, Bob Sully wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I've noticed an odd problem with my HD-PVR for a while.
>
> If there's a recording in progress, and I turn on the TV (which also turns
> on the A/V receiver which feeds the TV via HDMI), the recording pauses for
> about ten seconds, which basically renders it unwatchable, even though the
> HD-PVR starts recording again after the pause.
>
> Anyone else seen this (and have a fix)?
>
> Ubuntu 12.04
> Myth 0.25.1-fixes
> HD-PVR (latest firmware)
> Motorola cable box feeding HD-PVR
> Sony STR-DG1200 receiver
> Sharp Aquos TV
>
> Thanks
> Bob

This might be helpful.

I have a "set-top box" feeding Digital Terrestrial to an analogue TV and an HDHomerun tuner nearby, connected to the same antenna. I found that switching on the "set-top box" caused the symbol quality of my HDHomerun to go from 100% to nearly 0%. I solved the problem by replacing and rerouteing the antenna cable. My experience with this situation and others suggests that cable length and positioning is important; cable quality is not. In addition, the level and quality of amplification can be a factor. I believe that some recording systems will pause or stop if the signal is inadequate. I do not know if this applies to MythTV.

E James