[mythtv-users] MythBuntu Mythcommflag closed

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 21:31:51 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
> The next logical question is, why then doesn't mythfrontend similarly
> crash during playback of such recordings?  The most likely reason is
> that mythcommflag initializes the decoder with a different set of
> flags/options for performance reasons, but perhaps there is a better
> explanation.

Perhaps because (at least some) of the community is using
hardware assisted (VDPAU) decoding, which clearly uses
different decoding paths, and would change some of the
reported failure statistics.  I guess this could be the same
as your different set of flags/options.  Perhaps when there
is GPU commflagging (which was on someone's list
(Beirdo?) at one point), we will get a different set of failure
statistics.

Gary