[mythtv-users] Webcam as Tuner in .26

EJS ejshoor at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 19:22:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was just wondering if something has changed in recent releases of myth that would make it no longer possible to setup a webcam as a channel. I have set it up as a V4L capture card, set up a dummy source with /bin/true as the external channel changer script, and created a dummy channel "1".  However, the screen shows black when I change to channel "1" and mythfrontend eventually crashes and restarts as a result of "the recorder timing out waiting to start".

I know that the standard webcam input is zoneminder, but it seems like a very heavyweight solution to run on my backend just so I can view a single webcam stream. That said, if its no longer possible to set the webcam up as a channel, I'll look into it.

Thanks,