[mythtv-users] aspect ratio of home video recordings in video library

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 23:22:36 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am having trouble getting my home video files to display using the
correct aspect ration in mythtv.  The files should be displayed as 16:9,
but when played in mythtv they open as 4:3. I'm sure this is due to
something incorrect in the file itself, but for the life of me I can't seem
to make a change that tells myth the correct DAR.  I tried sticking them in
an mkv file and setting the DAR to 16:9 using mkvmerge.  After doing so
mkvinfo reports the resulting file as having a DAR of 853x480, yet mythtv
still shows it as 4:3.  Here is the complete mkvinfo on the test file:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+ EBML head
|+ EBML version: 1
|+ EBML read version: 1