[mythtv-users] mythvidexport.py on 0.26

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Sat Feb 9 15:47:14 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm trying to get mythvidexport.py from https://github.com/wagnerrp/mythtv-scripts/blob/master/python/mythvidexport.py to work on 0.26. Mostly seems to work, just the -cutlist and -seekdata options don't seem to work.

After running the script the recording shows up in videos  as expeted but lacks seektable and cut list. Doublecheck of database table filemarkup confirms: no entries are added for the new file.

The relevant portion of the script gets called,

    def copy_markup(self, start, stop):
        self.log(MythLog.GENERAL|MythLog.FILE, MythLog.INFO, "Copy Markup.")
        pprint (vars(self.vid.markup))
        for mark in self.rec.markup:
            if mark.type in (start, stop):
                self.vid.markup.add(mark.mark, 0, mark.type)
                self.log(MythLog.GENERAL|MythLog.FILE, MythLog.INFO, "Copy mark %d type %d." % (mark.mark, mark.type))

I can see that it's trying to add the cutlist, only the entries don't end up in the database - any idea what's going wrong  here? Possibly related to this piece of code?

        # bug fix to work around limitation in the bindings where DBDataRef classes
        # are mapped to the filename at time of Video element creation. since the
        # filename is specified as blank when the video is created, the markup
        # handler is not properly initialized
        self.vid.markup._refdat = (self.vid.filename,)

I'd love to hear any idea on how to get this to work - mythvidexport lokks like one of the more promising paths to get recordings moved to videos for permanent storage (and easier access - I'm putting them in subdirs matching firt char of the title to allow quick navigation to known titles.
Thanks, Martin
No Disclaimer.icomedias