[mythtv-users] Progress Bar Location?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Feb 9 15:50:40 UTC 2013

On 02/09/2013 10:15 AM, Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> Joey Morris wrote, On 02/09/2013 07:00 AM:
>>
>> Ken Mandelberg  wrote on Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 10:29:17PM -0500:
>>> Is there a way to change the position of the Progress Bar on the
>>> screen?
>> Permanently? Yes, edit the theme. Temporarily during playback? I don't
>> think you can, but I'm not completely sure.
>>

> Too bad its not dynamic. Some sports (NBA) put the running score on
> the bottom, others (MLB,NFL) on the top. The progress bar is going to
> cover one or the other.

Pretty sure you can make it "kind-of" dynamic...  There are multiple
views shown (cycled through with the INFO button--often the first shows
time/position within the recording and the second shows recording
details or whatever), and I think I've seen themes that make some of
them appear in different areas.  I don't know if it's hard coded to 2
views or if more are possible.

Note: I am not a themer, so I may well be wrong.

If it is as easy as defining more, each at a different location, it
wouldn't take much to make MythTV remember which one of those views was
last displayed and to default to that same view on the next display.
I'd be happy to do that part of the coding if someone can prove the
"just define a few different locations" works (and, especially if we
currently allow more than 2 views).

Mike