[mythtv-users] Anybody have any luck with older iMac and 0.25?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 23:29:14 UTC 2013

I have an older iMac (white plastic) and since it's a Core Duo, the latest
OS I can load onto it is 10.6. It ran 0.24 just fine, but won't run play
back any video using the .25 binaries. The Sourceforge one sits at the
"please wait" screen during the wizard, while the one from Avenard gives me
a while screen. Audio works with both downloads. I've tried all video
options in the wizard.

This iMac has a Radeon X1600, and I installed a CrystalHD chip a while back
when that was the new hotness. Not sure if that would cause any issues
these days.

Any ideas? I know it's kind of an old system with an old OS, and I'm using
pre-built binaries, so there are lots of red flags, but I figured it was
worth a shot. Thanks in advance.