[mythtv-users] Problems after upgrading for 0.25 to 0.26

gcsa60 gcsa60 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:59:48 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I just upgraded to MythTV 0.26 from 0.25 but I have a few of problems.

First Mythbackend gives me a message that it "Could not connect to the
Backend Server" every time I open the Backend setup to make changes.
Then when I leave the Backend it freezes at 'Locking input devices' and
I have to do a Ctrl-C to get it to close.

Also, when I first started MythTV 0.26 it said my database file was 8
generations old and offered to update. At the time the frontend was
frozen open and I had to stop it from the system monitor and when I went
back to the Backend, the option to update the database file was gone.  I
don't know if it was updated or not.  Is there a way to check this.

Finally, in the Frontend, I can't seem to find the transcoding menus
(i.e. selecting Jobs or recording profiles). I'm sure it's there but I
can't seem to find it.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with these issues.

Thank you
Chris