[mythtv-users] Just wanted to say thanks!!!

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Wed Feb 13 03:54:07 UTC 2013

On 13/02/2013 1:44 PM, Christopher Kerr wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Michael Watson
> <michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au> wrote:
>>
>> Number of Shows:    1498
>> Number of Episodes:  58403
>> First Recording:    Wednesday August 13th, 2008
>> Last Recording:     Wednesday February 13th, 2013
>> Total Running Time: 4 years 6 months 1 day 1 hr 9 mins
>> Total Recorded: 3 years 10 months 17 days 6 hrs 6 mins
>> Percent of time spent recording: 86%
>>
>> Started using myth on 06, but had to restart a fresh after HD crash in 08.
>
> Heck, that might as well be >100%....
>
> A normal day (for me, anyhow):
> 24h -
> 07h Sleep
> 08h Work
> 03h Commuting
>
> = ~6 hours per day at home whilst conscious. It would take >3 days to
> watch each day of your recordings, provided I never did anything else!
> (In reality I watch extremely little TV, but maintain the system for
> those who do)

It records a lot of stuff that never gets watched, with many of the kids
shows, it will record the same show episode that it has recorded
previously, so that the kids can sit down and choose something they want
to watch.  There is lots of stuff that may never be watched.

I myself dont watch a great deal of TV, maybe two hours a day, but I
like to be able to choose what I want to watch, depending on my mood,
which is what I believe is the best feature of myth.