[mythtv-users] Problems starting backend

Frank Feuerbacher fbacher at brisbin.net
Sat Feb 16 03:23:09 UTC 2013

(Sorry, I should have mentioned. There is nothing in /var/log/mythtv
after running Upstart script. Also, this used to work.)

this works just great:

sudo mythbackend --logpath /tmp --user mythtv

But going through Upstart ain't doing so well.

sudo service mythtv-backend status
mythtv-backend stop/waiting
$ sudo service mythtv-backend start
mythtv-backend start/running, process 4426
$ sudo service mythtv-backend status
mythtv-backend stop/waiting

I don't recall doing anything to hose my upstart scripts, but then I
have been adding disks and god knows what else to try to make this
system production level....

I'll stare at the Upstart scripts, mechanism and  the link you sent:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Upstart_mythbackend_Configuration

Frank

'Coding Java for the last 13 years, C for about 13 years and Fortran IV
& 77 for 5 years.... and a few others here and there