[mythtv-users] DPMS activating during MythMusic (0.26)

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Feb 16 11:21:01 UTC 2013

On 16/02/13 01:22, Michael Watson wrote:
> On 16/02/2013 12:10 PM, Michael Watson wrote:
>>
>> Get this when entering "Visualisations Settings"
>>
>> 2013-02-16 12:07:49.283306 E  Container 'visualization settings' is
>> missing child 'visualmodedelay'
>> Handling Segmentation fault
>> Segmentation fault
>>
> But, MythMusic does  automatically switch to the visualiser after
> 'visualmodedelay' previously set in "settings" table.
> It doesn't exit visualizer by pressing any key, pressing escape exits
> back to menu, whilst pressing M -> Switch View works as expected.
> Volume Up/Down, next / previous track all work as expected whilst
> visualizer is running.
>
> (I think that previously pressing escape would exit the visualizer
> back to the previous View, which I think would be preferable rather
> than "any key")

What do you want jam on it :) In the old UI the visualiser was actually
a separate window overlayed on the music screen. When it switched to
fullscreen all it did was resize the window to be the same size as the
MythMusic screen so you never actually left the playback screen. In the
MythUI version the fullscreen visualiser is a separate screen that you
switch to so you can't just return to the previous screen since it has
already been closed. I can think of a couple of ways it could be made to
work but I can see complications which ever way. I shall have to have a
ponder on this one. I don't want to make things too complicated just to
add a feature that few people actually use.

Paul H.