[mythtv-users] Several inputs

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:18:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> No, not priorities.  Live TV and Schedule *Order*.  Priority implies higher
> is chosen first.  Order specifies the, er, order in which they're used (so
> that lower is actually used first).
>
> Input Priorities (what most people call tuner priorities) are evil.  Don't
> use them unless you really know what you're doing (and, if you do, you'll
> probably know you don't want to use them).
>
> I'm only correcting this because it's important that we use the proper
> terminology--especially in cases like this where the term "tuner priority"
> is likely to be confused with a different thing that the user does not want
> to know.  So, just correcting the terminology for the archives.

I must not be understanding this correctly or doing something wrong.
I have 4 Capture Cards: HD-PVR, Airstar-DVB, PVR-250 & PVR-500 (only
using one tuner in this card).

I set the orders as follows:
Card             LiveTV      Recording
HD-PVR          1                  2
Airstar DVB     2                  1
PVR-250         3                  4
PVR-500         4                  3

Now I have no recordings currently running.

I turn on Live TV and the HD-PVR comes up.
I then change channels to a station that exists on both HD-PVR and Airstar DVB
Instead of choosing the HD-PVR, it choses the Airstar DVB (I thought
that Live TV should have stayed on the HD-PVR)
Now if I exit Live TV and restart, it starts on the channel I was just
watching on the Airstart, but uses the HD-PVR (as expected).

What I want to do is stay on the HD-PVR as much as possible (until the
source changes to HD-PVR hang issue is sorted).  So I don't want to be
switching to the Airstar in Live-TV unless there is no other option at
the time.  Can someone shed some light please.   Thanks.

Ron