[mythtv-users] Add or modify record filter definitions

jdoe mythtv at jd67.de
Tue Feb 19 10:31:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

I like to add or change some entries in the recordfilter table.

I have some useful personal filters like for example "Avoid HD Channels"
: "channel.name not like '% HD'" to prefer SD-Recording in case of low
quality content.
I add also the opposite "channel.name like '% HD'" because on my EPG the
program.hdtv flag doesn't work well for all channels.

I check the source and it looks like that that maximum of filters are
limited to 12 (0-11 => the lower 12 bits of record.filter). I recognized
also that I have to take care on my changes on every release update (dbver).

Are there other thing I should take care on?

Is it all in all a bad idea modify recordfilter by hand?

Chears

Jan