[mythtv-users] Ceton InfiniTV4 and Cisco/SA cable cards - Known Issue

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Feb 19 14:14:21 UTC 2013

> Between now and when I sent the original message I have gotten the card to
> work properly.  I managed to get the card installed temporarily in a windows
> box and update the firmware on the card from 1.1.8.7 (What it came with) for
> 1.2.2.6.  Once the firmware was updated I had a channel map within minutes
> and all has been well since.

Well, I guess I eat my words. But 1187? Latest on their website is
1172. I understand that they don't always have their latest version
posted on the website until it's stable, but they are actually
shipping it on hardware before they've even made it available online?
Wow, that seems like a bad idea, for precisely this reason. I would
think you'd want to ship your hardware with something considered
stable. If it's not stable enough to post online, I'd definitely not
be preloading the hardware with it.

> Now that it is working, it's been a great card, although I am now trying to
> work with comcast to change the 180 channels they have marked as copy once
> (thanks for that scan tool by the way, I uploaded my results) back to the
> copy freely they say they should be.

Cool. Once you've got them to fix all the CCI flags, please rerun the
scanning tool to upload your corrected results and send me an email to
let me know so I can remove your old results.

--
Ron Frazier