[mythtv-users] Very large logs seen in mythconverg database

Dan Bernard danber1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 18:12:59 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am running mythtv 0.25.2, and have had it running for maybe 6 months with
up to 15 recordings per week, and not using any schedules (all manual), on
a single tuner (hdhomerun).  I only keep recordings for 10 days, so around
30 show up in the list normally.

I noticed that my available hard drive space had dropped somewhat, so I
checked the mysql/mythconverg database to see how much space that was
taking up.  Here are the largest 4 files:
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 3.1M Feb 18 23:35 recordedseek.MYD
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 3.1M Feb 18 23:35 recordedseek.MYI
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 621M Feb 19 11:53 logging.MYI
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 1.7G Feb 19 11:53 logging.MYD

Why are those two logging files taking up over 2GB?  I'm not recording a
lot of shows, so I'm surprised at the large size.  I have a very vanilla
install on Linux Mint 13.  Maybe that's normal, but I wanted to ask if
anybody considers that strange behavior..  I can't imagine that keeping
>2GB of logs is necessary.

Thanks for your help!
Dan