[mythtv-users] can Nvidia 7800GS play HD?

Brent S. Elmer Ph.D. webe3vt at aim.com
Thu Feb 21 14:40:45 UTC 2013

I have an old computer I am trying to make into a mythfrontend.  The
video card is a BFG overclocked Nvidia 7800GS in a 4 X AGP slot.  I am
running Debian testing/wheezy and have the latest nvidia proprietary drivers
installed(304.64).  The card is doing direct rendering.
The card is too old for vdpau.  Does anyone have this card set up to view HD?
SD displays fine.  HD stutters a little.
The card is fine for gnome-shell and everything else.  I was
just wondering if there are some tweaks I can make in the xconfig or
mythsetup to make it work a little better for HD.

Brent