[mythtv-users] CI module support in MythTV

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 16:56:06 UTC 2013

Ramon Hofer wrote:
>They told me that the decryption must be supported by MythTV.
>Therefore my question: Will I possibly run into problems with this
>combo?

Simple answer, MythTV has nothing to do with it - basically, if the Linux video drivers provide the standard interface and an unencrypted video stream then Myth will record it. So it's down to the drivers to handle that. Myth just tells the tuner to tune a particular transport and expects to get a data stream back.