[mythtv-users] Problems setting up mythweb

Quinten Steenhuis qsteenhuis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 02:54:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a new mythweb setup on archlinux-arm, which leaves me to configure a
lot by hand that I hadn't had to do in the past. My apologies if I'm making
a stupid mistake. I followed this guide:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MythWeb and tried to carefully read
the INSTALL and README files in the mythweb directory.

I have http://192.168.0.107/mythweb/ pointing to /srv/http/mythweb/.
/srv/http/mythweb is a symlink pointing to /var/lib/mythtv/mythweb/,
execute permissions are properly set on each parent directory for the http
user that Apache is running as.

When I visit that URL, I just see two broken image links that go to the url
root_url.

In /var/log/httpd/access_log, I see that it is trying to load .css, image
etc files from the url skin_url. I can see that both root_url and skin_url
are some templating variable that is never translated.

and two <body> sections.

e.g.:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><html><head> <meta http-equiv="
X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7"> <base
href="root_url<http://192.168.0.107/mythweb/root_url>
"> <title></title>
<link rel="icon"
href="skin_urlimg/favicon.ico<http://192.168.0.107/mythweb/skin_urlimg/favicon.ico>"
type="image/x-icon"> <link rel="shortcut icon"
href="skin_urlimg/favicon.ico<http://192.168.0.107/mythweb/skin_urlimg/favicon.ico>"
type="image/x-icon">
<link type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" rel="search" href="
tv/opensearch?type=xml <http://192.168.0.107/mythweb/tv/opensearch?type=xml>"
title="MythTV">
<snip>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"><html><head> <meta http-equiv="
X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7"> <base
href="root_url<http://192.168.0.107/mythweb/root_url>
"> <title></title>
<link rel="icon"
href="skin_urlimg/favicon.ico<http://192.168.0.107/mythweb/skin_urlimg/favicon.ico>"
type="image/x-icon"> <link rel="shortcut icon"
href="skin_urlimg/favicon.ico<http://192.168.0.107/mythweb/skin_urlimg/favicon.ico>"
type="image/x-icon">
<link type="application/opensearchdescription+xml" rel="search" href="
tv/opensearch?type=xml <http://192.168.0.107/mythweb/tv/opensearch?type=xml>"
title="MythTV">
name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">
Here is the section of mythweb.conf that I configured, based on the
template mythweb.conf.apache:

    <Directory "/srv/http/mythweb/data">
        Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
    </Directory>
    <Directory "/srv/http/mythweb" >

As far as I can tell, all of the modules referenced in the INSTALL file are
enabled in httpd.conf. Mod_env and mod_rewrite are both uncommented and
have a loadmodule directive.

Any advice on where my mistake is?