[mythtv-users] Playback profiles for mythtv on osx?

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 00:33:49 UTC 2013

What playback profile is recommended for mythtvfrontend osx?

I have the latest mac mini model (2.5Ghz dual-core intel core i5/4GB
memory) with the intel HD 4000 graphics card.  I am also using the 1080p
resolution. Running 0.26 mythfrontend on OSX. It seems that the normal or
VDA profiles work for playing back recorded shows.  However, I can't seem
to get LiveTV streams smooth.   It is jumpy.  Tried the other slim
profiles, didn't help.

I also tried running mythfrontend in ubuntu on this same mac mini.  Also
saw the same results.  Playback using Normal or VAAPI or OpenGL on recorded
shows works.  However, LiveTV never seems smooth.

I am using a 100Mbit network.