[mythtv-users] lossless cut issues with ceton infinitv

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Sun Feb 24 19:16:41 UTC 2013

Krys,
     I never found that Avidemux v2.5x could handle HDPVR 1080i
recordings. Iregularly compile the Avidemux beta version v2.6 or
sometimes called v3.0 (e.g. just last week). That version does very well
with HDPVR 1080i recordings. Its downside is that the GUI is not always
functional(e.g. the mouse scroll wheel always goes backward on the time
line). It sometimes can edit a recording with defects that other tools
including the olderAvidemux and mkvmerge cannot handle. I basically keep
it in my bad of tricks.

As for Avidemux CLI, the idea was to have a script like Lossless Cut
generate an Avidemux "js" or "tinyPY"project file from MythTV cut
listinformation then use Avidemux CLI to perform the cut and merge
processing in lue of mkvmerge. Without the automatic generation of the
Avidemux project file you may as well perform manual edits in the GUI
and let it do theprocessingthrough a save.

     As far as audio sync is concerned the Avidemux v2.5x had a
consistent audio delay of 340 milliseconds with my HDPVR recordings
which I corrected by washing the lossless edited video through mkvmerge
CLI with a video sync delay value of340 milliseconds. With Avidemux v3.0
there no audio sync issues in the saved lossless cut videos. It should
be noted that ffmpegcan be used to change the track sync as an
alternative to mkvmerge.

There is, on the MythTV wiki, an unsupport Avidemux project file
generator bash script but it will not work with beta Avidemux v3.0as the
project scripts have difference syntaxthan Avidemux v2.5x. In fact I was
trying to update that script before venturing into Lossless
Cutdevelopment. The original developer of the script has left the project.
See: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Iamlindoro

I hope this answers your questions.

Doug