[mythtv-users] Have to start shows twice -- database problem???

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 21:51:04 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/24/2013 01:47 PM, Allen Edwards wrote:
>
>    Not always, but often when I start a program I get a long delay and then
>> back to the menu and I have to start the show again, which then
>> starts instantly.  Also, and more annoying, if I stop a show half
>> way through and restart it, it often does the same thing and I lose my
>> break point so have to manually skip to where I left off.
>>

> Hi;
>
> Any chance the drive where your recordings are stored has spun down?

No chance.  For example, I was watching the Daytona 500, quit it at the end
of the race.  Then my wife wants to watch the after race festivities.  I
hit "play from" and what seemed like two minutes later it goes back to the
beginning with no longer the "play from" option.  I have to start from the
beginning.  This was just after a few seconds so no, the drive didn't spin
down.

Allen