[mythtv-users] OT: lost partition table

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Tue Feb 26 03:59:32 UTC 2013

Pardon the interruption for a quick question that isn't directly about Mythtv. Last week I had a disk failure on my Mythtv system. After some investigation, it seems that the partition table is corrupted or missing for some reason (I can see the data on the disk using a hex dump tool). I plan to use dd to copy the disk to another brand new drive (of the exact same size) and then use something like 'xfs_repair' (it's an XFS partition) to try to repair the drive. Has anyone had any success at something like this? If so, what did you do? Any tips/tricks?

Thanks,

Paul