[mythtv-users] .25 mythtranscode copy over in .26 failing after upgrade

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 11:56:47 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Sadly as I tried to fix it myself, I tried grabbing a
>>> libmythtv-0.25.so.0 from an RPM and screwed up royally:
>>>
>>> mythtranscode: error while loading shared libraries:
>>> libmythtv-0.25.so.0:  ELF class: ELFCLASS32
>>>
>>> So, hanging my head, where can I grab a libmythtv-0.25.so.0 for a 64-bit system?
>>>
>>> Thanks. :-(
>
>> Is it possible to take another approach at this rather than try and
>> resurrect mythtranscode?  Would it be possible to pass a command to
>> something like handbrake to do the transcode but keep the recording
>> still in Recorded Programs rather than moving it to Mythvideo?
>
> I'd be up for anything. Unfortunately the other Lossless Cut solution
> doesn't work for me as it has problems with HDHomerun recordings and
> drifting audio sync on some channels. Is there any other program that
> respects Myth's cutlist?
>
> Thanks.

Just a further update.

Went back to the .26 mythtranscode. Got the "Deadlock detected. One
buffer is full when the other is empty!" error.

Followed the wiki and tried:

ffmpeg -i <filename> -acodec copy -vcodec copy <tmpfilename>
rm <filename>
mv <tmpfilename> <filename>
mythtranscode --mpeg2 --buildindex --allkeys --showprogress --infile <filename>

The file conked out on the ffmpeg line with:

[mpeg @ 0x2adea40] Application provided invalid, non monotonically
increasing dts to muxer in stream 1: 620890560 >= 620890560

Until I can add a new hard drive (funds issue) I'm really, really
missing the ability to do lossless cuts.