[mythtv-users] .25 mythtranscode copy over in .26 failing after upgrade

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:30:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM, John Baab <rhpot1991 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> While not a very pretty solution, you can still run 0.25 mythtranscode
> against a 0.26 instance.  The following will work on Ubuntu based systems:
>
> Download the following (make sure you pick the correct release for your
> system (precise, quantal, etc):
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise-updates/libmyth-0.25-0
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise-updates/mythtv-transcode-utils
>
> Extract mythtranscode and all of the 0.25 mythtv libraries and drop them on
> your backend by hand.
> mythtranscode goes to /usr/bin/mythtranscode
> libraries go into /usr/lib

When you say the .25 libraries, do you mean just the files in the deb
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/amd64/libmyth-0.25-0/filelist)
that actually contain a *.25.* in them?

e.g. just looking at a partial list:

/usr/lib/libmyth-0.25.so.0
/usr/lib/libmyth-0.25.so.0.25
/usr/lib/libmyth-0.25.so.0.25.0
/usr/lib/libmythavcodec.so.52
/usr/lib/libmythavcodec.so.52.113.1 etc

So I'd copy the first three since they have a .25 in them, bu not the
last two? Just want to be clear.

Thanks.