[mythtv-users] State of the PVR150/250 in 0.26?

Ian Jackson prosonik at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:32:42 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've been using mythtv on and off for better part of the decade. I've gone
through a number of hardware upgrades. For the last couple years, I've been
running the hvr1250 as my primary tuner card. I've kept a the pvr150 in the
machine as backup. However, with a recent upgrade to Ubuntu 12.04, I've
seen numerous lockups, which go away as soon as I disable (not uninstall)
the pvr150. I've also tried the pvr250 to the same results. Are these cards
now considered legacy? I've considered upgrading to the hvr2250. Is now the
time to retire the tuners?

Also as part of the shift to digital, my cable provider (Shaw) has recently
removed cable-fm. Is anybody still working on an FM Radio plugin? I know
the answer is "use online streams", but the radio station I listen to
(Sonic102.9 Edmonton) has hidden their stream behind a flash player that I
haven't been able to figure out how to extract the raw feed from.

Finally, I'm also a siriusxm subscriber. It seems the last upgrade
of their website broke almost every softplayer out there. Has anybody
figure a workaround at all? The best I can do is use the app on my phone.

Ian