[mythtv-users] an easier way to create "friendly" names for converted files

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 07:15:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Larry Roberts <mythtv at american-hero.com>wrote:

> My end goal is to get a couple of daily recordings converted to a roku
> compatible format with friendly names for my wife to watch on the roku in
> our bedroom.

The roku box doesn't support UPNP?  If it did, you should be able to
discover the mythbox and have the human readable names already displayed in
the listing.  You might need to enable UPNP on your mythtv server.
 Fortunately for me, both my WD live media player and my Asus Media Player
supports UPNP.

In case you wanted to continue with the CIFS/NFS share route, Bob has
already pointed you the mythlink.pl script.  An alternative to the
mythlink.pl script is the myth fuse filesystem (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythtvfs).

Good Luck.