[mythtv-users] UPnP Client Recording Times

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 07:48:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Rick Aufranc <rickau at excite.com> wrote:
> > Any thoughts?
>
> Think in UTC?(*)
>
> In recent releases, the backend stores all times in UTC.  Sounds
> like your upnp device is not adjusting correctly if you want it to
> display in local time.  You should open a ticket with the provider
> of those clients and ask them to display the time in the local

I see this on all my UPNP clients from the many many different vendors.  I
think mythtv should provide an option to present the time to the UPNP
client in the local time zones; thinking that it used to work and now it
doesn't.  Trying to get the vendors to change their UPNP client code will
be impossible.