[mythtv-users] MobileMyth Web Frontend Released!

Jon Heizer jheizer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 23:00:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Michael Watson <
michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au> wrote:

> On 4/01/2013 1:31 PM, Jon Heizer wrote:
>
>> Welcome everyone!  I am finally at a point where I am ready to release
>> the first public version of MobileMyth (http://www.mobilemyth.net/).  It
>> is a web based MythTV frontend designed to work on mobile devices taking
>> advantage of the HLS streaming.  This all started a few weeks ago as a way
>> for my wife to be able to have her tv shows available while feeding our new
>> born on multiple devices.  I wanted something that was easy for her to use
>> and I had the ability to easily fix/upgrade.
>>
>> As of this point, recording and video stream has been implemented.
>>  Recordings can be viewed by date or show.  Organizing Videos into sub
>> folders have not been implemented.  I tried to use cover/fan art to make it
>> all look a little nicer. Like the ipad app, HLS is highly supported on ios
>> while at the same time android requires a 3rd party player like Dice.  My
>> Galaxy S3 with the latest update can play the stream in the native player
>> though.
>>
>> The site is written in asp.net <http://asp.net> but is fully supported
>> under mono (and that is how I run it).  You can find the install
>> instructions here http://www.mobilemyth.net/**index.php/install-**
>> instructions/ <http://www.mobilemyth.net/index.php/install-instructions/>and will see installing it looks just like installing a php based site.
>>  You just have to install mono like you would php.  All configuration of
>> the site itself is via browser.
>>

>> I have uploaded a handful of screenshots to the project's site.
>> http://www.mobilemyth.net/ So you can see the basics.
>>
>> I hope you find this useful and you can expect more updates over the
>> coming weeks.  After 9+ years of enjoying MythTV I hope this project is my
>> way of giving something back to the community.
>>
>> Jon Heizer
>>
>>  Well done.  Install was easy and painless, and it worked first time.  I
> had my doubts watching the large list of dependencies for mono where
> installing
> Fantastic.  Works well.
>
> Does it have the ability to show the files already transcoded?  So you can
> easily come back to something you were watching before.
> Do the transcoded files get cleaned up automatically, or do they need to
> be managed?
>
> Developers, as more frontends emerge that take advantage of the HLS
> streaming, it would be ideal if the transcode jobs ran through the
> jobqueue, so slave backends take on some of the transcoding work, possibly
> with a higher priority than user jobs and transcoding.
>
> Michael Watson

Yeah they package every little library individually so while it looks like
a huge mess it really is not too bad.  Glad the install was a breeze.

Right now if you hit delete from the Viewing page it deletes the recording
and the livestream.  On the individual recording page if a transcode is in
progress or complete it will show there.  Right now it only shows the
first.  I am working on better support of multiple devices with multiple
resolution settings.  Hence the Use Any Stream check box on the FE settings
as a phone may not care it has a 1080p recording as long as you are on the
local network even though it is overkill.  Also next version will have a
page in the settings that'll show all streams and the ability to delete
them. (Basically the :6544 page duplicated)

Jon