[mythtv-users] Can I use a Ceton InfiniTV device on a Windows 7 box?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Jan 7 20:03:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Frank Feuerbacher <fbacher at brisbin.net> wrote:
> InfiniTV with MythTV locally, or otherwise would be useful. My experience
> with NextPVR is that it works fairly well as long as you don't watch live TV
> or change channels (which generally works for me). The (1080-i mpeg2) .ts
> files produced using my cable operator tend to be noisy, preventing playback
> by VLC and requiring processing with ts4np.exe and/or Project-X before

MythTV can use the card even if it is installed in your Windows box.
MythTV will use RTP/RTSP to access the data remotely. However, the
problem you will encounter is that there is no good way to coordinate
sharing a tuner between the two systems. When sharing the card between
multiple Windows Media Center systems, the way they deal with it is to
statically assign tuners to each system (so this system gets 1 tuner,
that system gets 1 tuner, and this other system gets the remaining 2,
and never again shale they change unless you manually reassign them).
So unfortunately in myth you have to do that same type of
thing....give mythtv access to some of the tuners and give Windows
access to the rest of the tuners.

--
Ron Frazier