[mythtv-users] android playback without HLS?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jan 8 03:09:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> I understand maemo more or less morphed into Tizen that Samsung is planning
> to run with 2013.

Maemo splintered into a bunch of different projects, none of which are
currently shipping on hardware.

> { OT: The S4 looks pretty cool also, if the video is reliable...}

The video also says it's Android 5.0.  This is still pretty much at
the rumor stage of things.

What Maemo/Meego/Tizen/etc. really need is the ability to flawlessly
run Android apps.  There was a Maemo app in development that would
have enabled this called Alien Dalvik, but I don't think this ever got
fully productized into something a normal user could easily install
and set up.

Eric