[mythtv-users] no lock with some TV channels

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 19:14:55 UTC 2013

Am 08.01.2013 16:35, schrieb Tim Draper:

> On 8 January 2013 02:57, Malte Gell <malte.gell at gmail.com
> <mailto:malte.gell at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Am 06.01.2013 23:53, schrieb John Pilkington:
>
>     >> Where do I find the Transports editor? I only see "transponders"?
>     >>
>     >> thanx
>     >> Malte
>     >>
>     >
>     > I think they are alternative terms for multiplexes; do any of them
>     look
>     > incompletely specified?  If not, I pass.
>
>     I now downgraded to MythTV 0.25 and now I get a lock on these channels
>     that had no lock with 0.26. Additionally now Mythbox works with 0.25.
>     Learned: new versions not always beneficial...
>
>     Malte
>

> unless there are known changes in 0.26, i'd sugest reporting a bug about
> this.

This wasn´t a bug, I found out what was wrong. When I did the channel
search, the modulation was set to AUTO, but my DVB-C driver could not
handle this, thus no right QAM setting could be used and I had no lock.
I deleted the video source, added a new one, did a new channel search
with setting the modulation to QAM256 and it works now. People who get
no lock should make sure to chose the right modulation when doing a
channel scan. Maybe this hint could be added to the FAQ/Wiki.

Regards
Malte