[mythtv-users] High mysql cpu usage

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 8 20:35:00 UTC 2013

On 01/08/2013 03:11 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
> What would be wrong with doing a full database dump with
> '--create-options', edit the backup file and change all references
> from InnoDB to MyISAM, and then drop the database and re-import the
> backup? I've done that in the past with success on other databases,
> and it would be much easier.

You can try any approach you like, but the only one I'm willing to
"support" is the one mentioned.

There are many other approaches that can work, but they all have many
more opportunities for user error and/or require much more MySQL
knowledge than the one I gave.  With the supported approach, user error
can only result in an incompletely/improperly configured MythTV
system--something that I (and/or the list) can help users with.  Other
approaches may result in corrupt or broken database schema and/or data.

Mike