[mythtv-users] Automatic title groups broken after rename

Martin Ginkel martin.ginkel at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:42:09 UTC 2013

2012/12/27 Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> On 12/27/2012 03:44 PM, Martin Ginkel wrote:
>> I have some recordings which are actually a series. But the original
>> metadata
>> contains title and episode subtitle concatenated in the title field.
>>
>> I edited title and subtitle to get a group of recordings in the recordings
>> list.
>
> You did this in Watch Recordings, using MENU|Recording Options|Change
> Recording Metadata?

Yes, exactly:

>> But this gives me only the series title as an empty group.
>> The recordings are still available in the 'All Recordings' list.
>
> You may need to exit and re-enter Watch Recordings to pick up the changes?

I know, this is whats normally necessary, but NO:
It stays that way: there is a group of recordings with the (correct)
new title, but no episode entry on the right.

However: the individual episodes are listed under e.g. "All
Recordings" or "Movies"

> No need to edit the database data directly--just use mythfrontend, as above.
> If you edit the DB directly, you don't get the sanity checks/corrections
> mythfrontend has (and can cause problems with the recording).

Well no, I'm not keen in doing so. But apparently the edits via the
menu are broken / do not enough
sanity checks...

>> Can someone of the devs explain, how these automatic groups are generated.
>
> Using the title (or whatever other option you've enabled, such as category).

It should be the title, but apparently there is something else to
select for the population of the right hand side.

          Martin