[mythtv-users] Switching from Sky to Virgin Media - lirc configuration help

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Wed Jan 9 15:49:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

I shall shortly be switching from Sky to Virgin Media for all of my TV, Broadband and Telephone needs. As a result of this switchover I will go from using a Sky+ HD box with mythtv, connected via a composite input to a PVR250 to using a Virgin Media V+ HD box (again connected via the composite input).

In order to change channels on the V+ HD box I will have to use a MCE IRC Transmitter (which I used to use for the Sky+ box until it became possible to change channels via a PCP/IP connection). Does anyone have a working lirc transmitter config for the Virgin Media V+ HD box? If not, can any one tell me how I would go about capturing the codes from the remote control so that I can write my own config file?

Regards,

Dave.