[mythtv-users] judder with SD material

Frank Schlimbach galaxy_engine at gmx.de
Thu Jan 10 15:00:45 UTC 2013

> Hi,
> I lately switched to using separate backend and frontend machines,
> both running current mythbuntu and mythtv 0.26+fixes.  The weird thing
> I am experiencing is that watching HD material seems to work fine
> while SD liveTV and recordings judder heavily (every 1-2 seconds or
> even more frequently). Most discussion on this topic I found are about
> the more intuitive reverse case, where HD is the problem. The build-in
> SD test works fine and playing the same file locally with vlc also
> looks good. CPU (Intel G530, no graphics card) load is low and I am
> running gigabit ethernet.
>
> Any idea?

I did some more experiments. My TV can actually play all recordings directly through DLNA without any judder (it has other problems, though).
I also realized that both HD and SD recordings judder - but HD just not as strongly, but maybe more frequently. So I now suspect that this must be related with the network connection on the client side. I'll check cables tonight, but this experiment doesn't seem very promising.

Any thoughts, experience, hints, ideas on how to debug this problem are highly welcome.