[mythtv-users] Everyone is short and fat - unwanted letterboxing during SD playback

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Jan 11 10:26:13 UTC 2013

My SD playback is being vertically scaled. It happens always for
recording playback and sometimes for live tv.

Frontend setup

recent 0.26-fixes

UI: 720p
Video playback: allowed to choose 1080p, 720p or 576i

Playback profile
	for height = 576 - ffmpeg and xv-blit
	any other height - vdpau

If I use vdpau throughout then then I don't see the problem, but I
have good reson for wanting to use xv-blit for SD (which I could
explain if anyone is interested - probably not :-) ).

I'd like to see if I can fix this, but I'm not sure where to look.
I wondered if, because of timing issues, the vertical scaling was
being based on the UI resolution, but then why not the horizontal
scaling too?!

I could stick a bug in track but I can't imagine that a problem with
this unusual usage would be of much interest to anyone else.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
	Paul.