[mythtv-users] Recording multi-part shows

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 19:28:21 UTC 2013

On 01/11/2013 08:00 PM, Jim Morton wrote:
> First you need to determine why are you missing  the second episode.
> Is it due to a conflict or does the guide data make it appear to be the
> same show?
>
> Your original post makes it sounds like a conflict.
> Assuming that - can't you scan the Upcoming recordings and resolve
> conflicts?
> I do this on about once a week basis.

Indeed: the second episode does not record because of conflicts. And I
know I can manually force recordings. I'm just wondering whether there's
some myth-fu or even sql-fu that will automatically increase the
recording priority of a "part n" show (where n>1) by 5 if part 1 has
been recorded.

These shows typically include "Part 1" and "Part 2" in their titles.

Thanks, Jan